LEDlab is hiring!
Position: LEDlab Project Manager
Application Deadline: January 22, 2017
Commitment: 16-months full time
Start date: March 1, 2017 or earlier
Compensation: $50,000-55,000, plus benefits
Half-way through our planned three-year initiative, the Local Economic Development Lab is expanding to meet the demand and opportunity for systemic impact with our work. We are seeking an organized relationship-builder, storyteller, and project manager to lead our 2017/18 cohort of innovative projects, and to help us tell and share stories of impact from the lab and our community partners.
The Project Manager will:
- Assist in scoping our 2017/18 projects;
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a team of graduate student Project Coordinators;
- Manage LEDlab website, and lead digital storytelling through blogs and newsletters;
- Maintain and grow LEDlab relationships and collaborations with inner city networks;
- Support program administration; and
- Support in activating knowledge mobilization events and workshops.
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about advancing equity and diversity in our cities, as well as in the social innovation space
- Is comfortable working in a community setting, with a high degree of self-awareness
- Has strong consulting and customer service skills; is able to listen to the needs of others and frame opportunities around them
- Facilitates generative and impactful small group meetings
- Can manage and mentor a team of 4-5 Project Coordinators
- Is an experienced storyteller, excellent writer and editor, and creative in their approach to knowledge dissemination both online and offline
- Is comfortable working in WordPress, Campaign Monitor, and can learn new digital tools as required
- Has an understanding of social innovation labs, and design thinking methodology
- Has relevant experience in economic development, poverty alleviation, entrepreneurship, or urban (economic) planning
- Enjoys working in independent, highly dynamic situations with multiple stakeholders and deadlines
- Is organized and detailed oriented
- Is thoughtful, tenacious, and has a sense of humour!
Bonus Skills Wish List:
- Social enterprise development, entrepreneurship
- Experience in the Downtown Eastside (DTES)
- Graphic design
For more information including application instructions, download the full job description.
Be sure to sign-up to LEDlab’s Newsletter to stay updated on all our activities!