LEDlab is hiring!
Position: Communications & Research Coordinator
N.B. You must be currently enrolled as a graduate student in a Canadian university to apply. No exceptions. This is not an employee position.
LEDlab seeks a talented, creative and driven graduate student intern with excellent writing skills and community engagement, communications, and event/logistics experience for a 4-month, paid, full-time contract.
Start date: March 1, 2016 or ASAP
Your role will be to:
- Help to elevate the profile and work of our core community partners on an ongoing basis
- Support logistics planning, outreach and communications for 3-5 key public events
- Help to prepare LEDlab annual research publication
- Prepare 3-5 blog posts about ongoing work and/or key events
- Prepare monthly newsletters in an appropriate and compelling tone that represents LEDlab
- Provide general support to LEDlab Manager to carry out Knowledge Mobilization Phase of program
Is this you?
- You are a concise, articulate and persuasive writer; you dance between academic, technical and creative styles
- You’re excited by the mobilization of community wisdom and lived experience through both digital storytelling and academic publication
- You are insightful and visionary – you can see the beat in any story
- You are fascinated with new economic models, and think the economy is something that should work for people.
- You are an organized, detail-oriented and effective project manager
- You enjoy working in independent, highly dynamic situations with multiple stakeholders and deadlines
Download the full job description to learn how to apply.