CEDSAC is Hiring!
Position: Interim Director
Start Date: March 13, 2017
Contract: 9 months, full-time
Compensation: Up to $65,000, Depending on Experience
Main Purpose and Function
The Community Economic Development Strategic Action Committee (CEDSAC) is a network of representatives of Vancouver Downtown Eastside (DTES) resident groups, community organizations, and social enterprises that worked with the City of Vancouver from March 2016 to November 2016 to co-create a DTES Community Economic Development (CED) Strategy. The CED Strategy was adopted by City Council on November 30, 2016. Read the full report.
CEDSAC is now involved in the implementation of the CED strategy. One of the strategic actions is the development of a governance model for an entity to “enhance and support the range of CED work already going on and to fill gaps where major opportunities have been identified.” CEDSAC is tasked with developing this model. The intention is that the existing CEDSAC body will make the transition to the new model by the end of the year.
CEDSAC is seeking an experienced strategic leader who can facilitate this transition into a values-based ‘community backbone organization’ with a mission to enhance community economic development in the DTES. The Interim Director will play a crucial role in developing the structure for the new organization, including governance and funding.
In addition to this specific responsibility, the Interim Director will oversee the CEDSAC work in progress associated with the implementation of the CED Strategy, including supervision of the CEDSAC staff.
The Interim Director will:
- Develop the governance, organizational and funding model for the new ‘community backbone organization,’ including:
- Conduct research into potential governance models and organizational structures.
- Solicit community input on the new organization.
- Develop vision, principles, and mission statement.
- Develop a funding structure that secures the sustainability of the organization and a 2018 operating budget.
- Develop governance model, including membership framework.
- Develop operating model, including staffing.
- Organize the transition of CEDSAC into the new organization, including:
- Plan and facilitate transition and new organization launch meeting (target: September 30th, 2017).
- Prepare initial 18-month strategic and operational objectives.
- Direct the work of CEDSAC currently underway, including:
- Development of a collective impact framework for monitoring and evaluation.
- Communications plan and website.
- Supervision of staff (CED Coordinator).
- Support of CEDSAC governance process.
- Coordination of CEDSAC Working Groups and CED projects underway.
For more information including eligibility and application instructions, download the full job description. Position closes February 19th.
Be sure to sign-up to LEDlab’s Newsletter to stay updated on all our activities!